Monday, January 9, 2012

Facebook Page for Scrapbooking Stuff

As my scrapbooking friends and activities increase, I found that posting layouts and promoting kits on my personal page could be a bit not really useful. First of all, to my knowledge, zero of my friends and families scrap. It's really not that popular yet in Indonesia. So even though they think the layouts are beautiful and stuff, they're really not that interested in reading posts about scrapbooking. Secondly it gets a bit confusing mixing up the personal/friend posts with the scrapbooking posts.

Luckily, facebook has improved its group and page and now there are a lot of cool features for my scrapbooking purposes.

How to create a page?

You can create a page by going to the link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php.
Simply choose the category that fits your page the best. I chose "Artist, Band or Public Figure" and "Artist". Click next and just follow the step by step guide and fill in some basic information for the page.

Some things especially to take note of is that you can assign your own username to get a shorter facebook page URL: http://www.facebook.com/(Your username)/. The username doesn't have to be the same as your facebook fan page title. To set it up go to "edit page" and choose the left "basic information" tab. If you haven't assigned a username yet you should be able to do so on the third line "username" part.


















Here are some features that I love.

Use Facebook As



I love this feature where I can choose to use facebook as my personal page or the fan page. If I choose to use as "Angelclaud's ArtRoom" then my posts will post under that username and will be visible to only fans who "like" my page.

However, keep in mind that when using the fan page, there are some features that are not available such as sharing in groups, messaging friends, etc.



Separate "Likes" Pages

The "like" pages for the personal page and fan page are different. So I can "like" all my favorite scrapbooking and designers pages under "Angelclaud's ArtRoom" and when I click on the facebook home button it will display the news feeds from those pages.



























This is the news feed of my fan page which shows only the news of the pages that I've "like" and doesn't show my personal friends and families' news.

How I use the Fan Page for CT Duties

I create a photo album for each of the designers or stores I CT for.



























I will then upload the layouts I created to each designer's album. I normally include the following information: title of layout, name of kit and designer, link to the kit. In the album info I also includes the link to the designers' stores.

Share Posts

I will also share the post to related Scrapbooking groups. This could be done only in the personal page mode, so remember to change back to your personal page and not the fan page.






























Exclusive Freebies

A great way to invite more people to join the page is of course by hosting challenges and giving out freebies. Depending on your designers, I ask permission from my designers to make freebies (quickpage, wordart, cluster frames, etc.) and using this free facebook applications: http://apps.tradablebits.com/ create an exclusive for fans page.







































I find that with the fan page it's much easier to connect with fellow scrapbookers, enjoy their layouts, comments on layouts, or chat regarding scrapbook related matters this way. It's always a great way to promote the designers I CT for. Anyway, hope you find the post useful.

My facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/Angelclaud.ArtRoom

1 comment:

  1. interesting. I am going to try this so that all my non-scrapping friends don't have to follow all the scrapping posts.

    ReplyDelete